OhWoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OhWoW temp forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Using Archives to Create Backups

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Salem

Using Archives to Create Backups Empty
PostSubject: Using Archives to Create Backups   Using Archives to Create Backups EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I know most of you are pretty computer savvy, but for those of you who aren't, here's a quick guide on how you can use Archives to make backing up your info easier.

First of all, you need a program like WinRAR or WinZIP. Personally, I use WinRAR because it supports more formats. Once you've successfully installed WinRAR, you can start backing up your stuff.

In my other guide, I showed you how to downgrade your WoW client and set your Realmlist. It's a good idea to backup your original game folder before doing ANYTHING. Here's how.

1. Select the file(s) you want to Zip. "Zipping" is when you put files into an archive to compress them. Doing this will stop the program from using the files inside it. You can select more than one file at a time by either using your mouse to drag a box over them, or by holding down the CONTROL button and clicking on files. You can also hold down SHIFT if you're selecting a row.

2. Right-click on one of the highlighted files and here you have a couple of options. For this purpose, you will only need to know "Add files to archive..." or "Add to '_____.rar'". The first one will let you specify a name and place to send the archive, the second will zip in that folder and use a default name.

3. Let the program Zip the files and voila!!! You're done!!!
Back to top Go down

Using Archives to Create Backups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OhWoW :: General-
Jump to: